Do you want to rock that gorgeous fine hair?
If yes, then you should do it like a pro using the best hair straightening brush. This is the modern and trendiest hair straightening tool which is user-friendly and helps flick ones hair with ease.
Yes there are lots of hair straightening brush available in the market right now, but how do you know, which ones deliver good results ? Which ones work for your type of hair?
Not to worry, because we have simplified the task for you by providing a full guide on hair straightening brushes accompanied with reviews for the best hair straightening brushes in the market.
This article provides a full guide and detailed review of the best 10 hair straightening brushes available in the market. Check it out…
- How to Choose the Best Hair Straightening Brush for Your Hair Type
- Reviews of the 10 Best Hair Straightening Brushes
- 1. Apalus Hair Straightening Brush
- 2. Miropure Enhanced 2-in-1 Ionic Hair Straightening Brush
- 3. U-Spicy Hair Straightening Brush
- 4. Oak Leaf Hair Straightening Brush
- 5. Upgraded Suprent Hair Straightening Brush
- 6. Asavea Hair Straightening Brush
- 7. Simply Straight Ceramic Hair Straightening Brush
- 8. Magicfly Hair Straightening Brush
- 9. Magitect Hair Straightening Brush
- 10. Instyler STRAIGHT UP Ceramic Hair Straightening Brush
- How to Use A Hair Straightening Brush
- Frequently Asked Question on Using a Hair Straightening Brush
How to Choose the Best Hair Straightening Brush for Your Hair Type
Yes, there are varieties of hair straightening brushes available in the market, but be aware! Not all of them are made of quality materials.
So it’s of great importance that you have an idea or knowledge of the product before purchasing it. The following are factors and steps that will help you on how to choose a hair straightening brush that works for your hair;
1ST STEP: Know Your Hair Type
Be warned! Just because a certain hair brush straightener worked and delivered perfect results for someone else’s hair, does not mean it will also produce the similar results on your hair too, we all have different hair types, so you must know your hair type before purchasing the product.
Determining your hair type helps you to choose the products that work best for your individual kind of hair, so this means that, what works for your friend’s hair might work against your hair.
What works for kinky or coiled type of hair and curly may be excessively harsh for straight hair type, it does not matter if the straightener has variables heat settings, the bristles may not be suitable, and thus it may end up pulling and snagging your hair. Here is a simple guide to help you know your hair type;
- Classified into: 1a (fine/thin); 1b (medium); 1c (coarse)
- Reflects the most sheen.
- The most resilient hair of all of the hair types.
- Very hard to damage
- Difficult or almost impossible to curl
- The oiliest hair type
- The sebum in this hair type gently spreads from the scalp to the ends without the interference of curls or kinks.
- Classified into: 2a (fine/thin), 2b (medium), 2c (coarse)
- It has medium texture and sheen
- Prone to become frizzy
- Reflects light or low sheen
- Tangles easily
- Classified into: 3a (loose curly hair), 3b (tight curly hair)
- Its’ strand has an S shape or sometimes a Z shape
- Damage prone.
- Moderate to excessive frizzing
- Renders dull curls or less defined curls if not properly cared for
- Classified into: 4a (soft kinky hair), 4b (wiry kinky hair), 4c (wiry kinky hair but with no defined pattern as that of 4b)
- Tightly coiled hair
- Very fragile with a high density
- Dry by nature so it’s more prone to breakage
- Shrinks when wet
- It is wiry, and delicate by nature.
Check for features or aspects of the tool, the product must be of good quality, not something that will make your scalp so itchy or which will damage your hair. Here is a simple guide of how to choose a straightening brush, to help you make an informed decision when you are purchasing for one.
They are also referred to as the spikes, which is the most important thing to check when purchasing your brush.
You should go for a brush with good quality bristles which have been attached firmly or strongly to the base of the brush, this will make sure that the bristles last longer and they don’t fall out. You must make sure that you get a brush with secure bristles, because poorly designed bristles may cause hair breakage.
People with wavy hair or if your hair tangles easily, then you should go for a brush with ball-tipped bristles, to prevent possible tangling, hitching and snagging whilst straightening or drying.
I suggest getting a brush that has nylon bristles if your scalp is highly sensitive, so as to avoid hurting your scalp. The boar bristles brushes are mostly used by stylists this is because stylists are versatile and able to work on hair with different textures.
Check the plates
We have three types of plates, ceramic plates, titanium plates, and lastly the tourmaline plates. Before purchasing a hair straightening brush, you must not forget to check the plates which play an important role in hair straightening process.
This is the brush surface that becomes heated and actually comes in contact with your hair, so it of great importance that you go for a brush with plates that reduce heat damage, this includes the ceramic technology and tourmaline technology.
I recommend you to choose between a ceramic technology and tourmaline technology, because they are safe and good for your hair, furthermore they make hair smooth and silky due to the process of ionization which releases negative ions into your hair thus neutralizing the excessiveness of positive ions making your hair smoother and shinier.
The ceramic technology speeds up the heating process of the brush, thus making you style your hair faster and without having it exposed to heat for long. I recommend choosing between the tourmaline technology and ceramic technology, because both of them will minimize the heat damage, reduce static and make your hair smooth and silky.
Titanium plates heat up extremely fast and this can easily damage thin or sensitive hair, especially straight hair type, so I won’t recommend getting a brush with titanium plates.
You may also get a brush made of both tourmaline and ceramic materials, but this is an expensive option because tourmaline is a mineral that is used to cover plates of iron, these ceramic plates are smoother and less damaging to your hair. If you are ready to spend on yourself and most probably have the funds, you will definitely love this great combination of materials the most.
Mothers should refrain from using brushes with titanium technology for the safety of your kid’s. I highly recommend brushes with ceramic technology for straightening your kid’s hair.
This is an important feature of a brush that should not be ignored, especially if you always style your hair on your own. You need a brush that has comfortable handle to avoid straining your hand during the straightening process.
Look for a brush that does not need a lot of effort especially when buying a brush that needs you to clamp its barrels. I recommend the cushioned ones because they are more comfortable.
This is usually determined by the length of your hair. Those with longer hair should go for circular shaped brushes, while those with medium or short hair should consider getting a flat or paddle brush.
The length of your hair determines whether you should have a bigger brush, that is, if you have long hair, or get a handy brush, that is if you have medium or short hair.
Heat levels are the most important, feature in a brush, so you definitely have to go for a brush with multiple temperature choices.
Easily damaged hair and straight hair type should be styled using lower temperatures, so it’s important that they are able to operate at the suitable temperature. Before purchasing a hair straightening brush, you have to make sure that the heat options match your type of hair and also check the length of time the model takes to reach temperature.
People with medium thick hair should operate with3650 temperature, this is considered optimal for that hair type, and those with very thin or straight hair type should straighten with temperatures closer to 3000. Some brushes have elevated their settings to 4500, which can be used on curly hair type, or also on thick hair.
Reviews of the 10 Best Hair Straightening Brushes
1. Apalus Hair Straightening Brush
Compared to other straightening brushes, this brush straightens large chunks of hair with just a couple of strokes and keeps it that way until your next wash.
This brush helps to manage unruly, frizzy hair and it is also the best brush for people with thick, coarse hair since it offers higher temperatures, up to 4500. However, people with other hair types can use this brush by applying the temperature that is appropriate for their hair type, since the brush has a variable temperature.
Among other functions, this brush has also been encompassed with a massage function which stimulates the scalp and emits negative ions thus delivering sheen to the hair. Its variable heat setting can be adjusted based on the type, condition, and thickness of the hair.
What users love most about this tool is its ability to cover the strands of hair down from the roots and all the way up to the tips. This is because it has longer ceramic plates as compared to other brushes.
This brush is also designed to handle straight thin hair type, with auto constant temperature of 3650, and for those with natural texture hair or kinky hair type, the tool can be customized set at 4100, and also for those with thick, or wavy hair, the tool temperature can be customized set at 4500.
- The bristles massage your scalp, increasing blood supply thus promoting hair growth
- Straighten and smoothest hair within minutes
- Relieves your hair from static electricity
- No snagging
- Auto shut-off protection feature makes it safe to be used at home
- No hand cramping
- Light in weight thus it is easily portable
- Quick heating
- Longer ceramic plates, which are great for hair root straightening.
- Has no-scald tips, high temperatures might damage your hair or your hands, so it’s highly recommended that you apply a heat protecting spray before straightening, and also use gloves which always accompanies the product.
- It tends to get very hot while using thus making it difficult to touch the back part of the brush.
2. Miropure Enhanced 2-in-1 Ionic Hair Straightening Brush
This brush distributes heat evenly due to its’ ceramic plates, this feature ensures one spends less time during the entire process.
The brush has been designed with anti-static technology to prevent frizz and flyaway hairs. It also works perfectly for people with thin hair, or straight hair types and also for damaged weak hair because it can straighten hair using the least amount of temperature, at 1700, which the most appropriate and suitable for thin or damaged hair.
This brush has 16 different heat settings which can extend up to 4500 thus making more suitable for people with thick hair. This trendy brush has anti-static control which relieves static electricity on your hair.
Due to its’ ceramic technology the heat is supplied in an even manner thus ensuring that each strand of hair is perfectly straightened. Its’ high density bristles, help to prevent curly hair from catching in the teeth, but this also makes you take a longer time to straighten your hair, because you will be making more passes with the brush as compared to other brushes.
It is one of the best brush to prevent frizz and splitting ends due to its’ double-ionic generator feature.
- Has16 different heat settings thus accommodating all hair types
- Warms up fast
- Prevents frizz and split ends
- Can’t be used on wet hair
- Straightening your hair takes longer due to its’ high density bristles
3. U-Spicy Hair Straightening Brush
This brush styles and straightens your hair with ease due to its’ attributable features. It has thin bristles that easily glide through the hair, thus making one achieve a complete straight hair.
It has an anti-scald design that helps to prevent static and frizz. Due to its’ 30 minute automatic shut-off safety feature, the brush can be used at home without any worries of causing possible fire.
The brush has ceramic technology which ensures heat is supplied in an even manner. Best for thick hair, since it can be adjusted to a maximum temperature of 4500, people with curly, kinky, and wavy hair may also use this brush by setting the lowest temperature which starts from 2500.
It has an ionizer that not only straightens your hair, but also smoothes and makes your shine.
- Easy to use
- Lightweight design
- Simple controls
- Safe to use due to its anti-scald design, which prevents heat damage
- Provides long lasting straightening
- Has safety features such as an included heat-resistant glove
- Swivel cord which ensures mobile movement during the process
- Has a hanging hook to help you store perfectly
- Its’ design and reach makes it difficult to work on short hair.
- Leaves a slight burnt hair smell after being used
- Styling does not last for much time
4. Oak Leaf Hair Straightening Brush
It has been designed to perform multiple functions at once or rather has a three in one feature which makes it easier for you to achieve the perfect look for your hair in a split of seconds. This is so because, the brush has been fitted with a detangling brush, massager with gentle bristles and also with a straightening comb.
This brush releases negative ions to your hair follicles, thus nourishing and hydrating your hair. The body of the brush is constructed out of non-plastic material which makes the brush unbreakable in case it falls down.
The bristles of this brush are made of plastic which is soft and gentle thus going through your hair easily. The brush works perfectly for people with curly and thick hairs because it has a temperature setting that range from 230-4500, 2500 can be applied on curly hair, while 4500 can be applied on thick hair and 4100 on kinky and wavy hair.
- Ensures less frizz and more smooth
- Promotes healthy and strong hair due to its anion technology
- Prevents heat damaging due to its anti-scald design
- Temperature lock feature to keep it from changing while using
- The back paddle or the head of the brush gets hot
- The control buttons are right where you hold the brush when using it, thus constantly changing the temperature control by mistake.
- It only has three temperature levels
5. Upgraded Suprent Hair Straightening Brush
The good and quality bristles of this brush grip your hair and help to wrap your hair around the brush, thus keeping it secure even with the dryer on high.
It repairs and adds sheen on dry hair by coating each hair strand with little amount of sebum, this unique function also helps to add volume and sheen on straight hair, conditions and slightly loosen curly hair.
You do not need to worry about stunted hair growth, because this brush has been designed to promote hair growth due to its’ round bristles that massage the scalp thus improving blood flow to the hair follicles.
It’s highly vented to allow air into the barrel of the round brush thus drying your faster and evenly. People with thin straight hair should definitely go for this brush so as to add more volume to their hair.
This brush is also good for long coarse hair especially if one leaves near the ocean, because it conditions your hair giving it a smooth finish.
- Creates volume and gives your hair some body
- Makes lasting curls
- Smoothes hair due to the nano and ionic features of the brush
- The nano ionic technology of the brush reduces frizz and adds sheen to your hair.
- Long hair can easily get caught between the handle and barrel
6. Asavea Hair Straightening Brush
It has been designed with remarkable features that work well for people with very thick hair, since it has a big comb with a curved base that funnels hair right to the comb thus making it easier for one to grab large volumes of hair while performing the task.
However this brush is not recommended for people with straight or thin hair, this is because the temperature range of this brush is selectable from 250-4500, but it can be used on all types of hair except thin hair.
Its’ quality of bristles and head enable one to capture lots of hair thus it is recommended to people with thick or voluminous hair.
Unlike other brushes, this brush does not release negative ions, thus making it difficult for one to achieve smoother and shinier hair and also making it difficult to prevent frizz.
People with long coarse hair should adjust the temperature setting at 4100 because this is suitable for their hair, and those with long wavy hair should adjust the temperature setting at 4500 to get good results.
- Has anti-scald feature, which prevents heat damage.
- Straightens hair faster due to its’ metal ceramic technology
- Does not generate negative ions, so won’t de-frizz hair perfectly like other brushes.
- Takes time to heat up, about 60 seconds, compared to other brushes.
- Can’t be used on wet hair or damp hair
7. Simply Straight Ceramic Hair Straightening Brush
This brush is one of the trendiest hairbrush in the market, is a good option for your daily hair styling. It works perfectly for smoothing wavy hair and preventing frizz, I highly recommend this brush for people with wavy hair.
It has been fitted with a temperature display on its’ handle that shows you the correct temperature and safety auto-off function which shuts the brush down after 60 minutes of being inactive.
Its’ ceramic-coated bristles guarantees you a shiny and silky hair after just a quick pass. The presence of ions in this technology, ensure and guarantees lack of any frizzes.
- Compact design which makes it ideal for travelling
- The most suitable for achieving completely straight hair
- Easy and faster to use, since it glides through your hair
- It does not add volume or get body out of this brush, because it makes hair look very flat.
- Can’t be used on wet hair
- Possible snagging pulling, but to avoid this, brush and detangle your hair thoroughly before straightening
- Slow to heat up
8. Magicfly Hair Straightening Brush
This brush takes into consideration the needs of damaged hair and also prevents heat damage to your scalp because of its’ anti scald and anti-static design.
With its’ three in one function, the brush helps you to get that perfect look in just a few seconds, this because it acts as a detangling brush, anion hair massager and a ceramic iron straightener all at once.
Furthermore it’s greatly safe for your scalp, especially if you have sensitive skin, this is because of its’ anti scald and anti-static design.
The most attributable feature of this brush, is its’ ability to release anion which combines with air to produce moisture thus nourishing and hydrating your and also preventing the growth of grey hair.
In a just a few seconds this brush makes you a beautiful hair while giving your head a healthcare massage.
- Easy and fast to use
- Gentle on scalp
- Repairs damaged hair
- Stimulates hair growth
- The control buttons are located on the handle so you accidently change temperatures
- Does not work well for thick and curly hair
9. Magitect Hair Straightening Brush
This latest brush is fitted with consistent plates and bristles that perfectly straighten out wiry and untamed hair. Its’ metal ceramic technology prevents static and frizz.
Perfect for taming wavy and unruly hair because its’ temperature settings ranges from 330-4300, which is suitable for such type of hair, but definitely not suitable for straight and thin hair.
If you have been experiencing burning with other straightening brushes or flat irons, then this brush is recommended for you since it prevents excessive heat damage on your scalp.
It gently massages your scalp while combing your hair due to its’ inbuilt comb thus promoting and stimulating hair growth.
- Versatile and easy to use
- Works perfectly for thick curly hair
- Gives your hair a natural smooth look
- It’s very gentle on the scalp
- Eliminates frizz
- Has a swivel cord so the cord does not get twisted and tangled while using the brush
- Leaves short hair to flayaways on the top of the head.
- Doesn’t get your hair pin straight but it eliminates frizz
- You have to place your hand away from the power button and temperature setting while holding the brush so as to avoid accident temperature changes.
10. Instyler STRAIGHT UP Ceramic Hair Straightening Brush
The brush surface is made up of ceramic and tourmaline technology, which is a perfect combo for your hair since it guarantees a silk and smooth hair without damaging it.
Moreover, it has cool ionic bristles that prevent your scalp or skin from burning and also the tips are very firm thus ensuring that when straightening your hair you will not need to worry that the tips will fall off.
The brush has also been fitted with a long rotating cord which makes it more convenient while using. The most attributable feature of this brush is its’ ionic bristles that banishes frizz and smoothest the hair giving it a silky and straight look.
The cool tips of the bristles, ensures that you don’t burn your fingers during the process. But I do not recommend this brush for people with thin or damaged hair, since the temperature settings of this brush ranges from 3300 to 4500, this is too high for thin hair.
- Warms up fast, 30 seconds
- It has a swivel cord which makes it more convenient to use
- It protects your hair from heat damage due to its’ anti-scald design.
- Can’t work on short hair because of its’ oval shape
- It has no temperature lock, so it’s easy for you to accidentally change the temperature.
- You can’t achieve volume with this brush, but you can achieve a straight and sleek look
- Can’t be used on wet hair
- No protective gloves in a package
How to Use A Hair Straightening Brush
Using a hair straightening brush at home or any other place is not such a difficult task, but you have to do it in an appropriate and safe manner. You also need to know how to do it in the correct way so that you may get the perfect results. Here is a simple guide to on how to use a straightening brush.
- Start by washing off your hair thoroughly with a nourishing shampoo and conditioner, for people with wavy hair and curly hair type, I recommend using a smoothing and conditioning shampoo, since your hair is frizzy. For thin hair or straight hair type you should opt for products that add volume.
- Dry your hair thoroughly with a towel after you have finished washing your hair.
- Comb or brush your hair gently while detangling the unmanageable hairs.
- Apply your favorite heat spray or hair moisturizer to protect your hair from heat damage and avoid frizzing, I recommend argan oil or Moroccan since they are great for this purpose. Some people use a heat protection spray, but if you choose the moisturizer or the spray, either of them will still work perfectly, so you will go with what works for your hair. Do this procedure on damp hair.
- Divide the hair into layers, strands and sections, so that you will be able to focus on each part of the hair equally. For those with long hair, you may choose to put your hair into a loose high ponytail and then start by taking sections of hair from the back.
- Plug in the brush and then turn it on, set the brush into correct temperature or the temperature that works for your hair type, you may want to start with the least amount of temperature first especially for straight or thin hair type. Most hair straightening brushes have a LCD display on the handle indicating the temperature of the brush.
- Remember to follow the manual guide correctly and keenly.
- Start straightening one layer or one section at a time, applying the brush an inch from the root to tip, brush gently and slowly towards the end. Do this for each of the strands and layers. For people with curly hair you may need to go over it a couple of times to get the look that you want.
Frequently Asked Question on Using a Hair Straightening Brush
One should keep in mind the aspects, features, and factors which have been described above before purchasing a hair straightening brush so that you don’t end up picking the wrong brush. I hope this article will help you have an informed decision before purchasing that hair straightening brush. There are many brushes available in the market, but if you follow this guide, you will definitely choose the best brush for your hair.