While running you must bring along basics like shoes, shorts, shirts, and hats. But other items are needed as well. These are essential items like gels, liquids, credit cards, music devices, smartphones, and keys. But the problem is you don’t have enough pocket space to hold them, so you often leave them at home or overstuff your pockets. The good news is there is an alternative. If you need extra storage capacity, then check out the following best hydration waist packs. Each one is built for a specific need and they are reviewed below to help make your choice easier.
How To Choose The Best Running Belt (Waist Pack)
Are you considering buying a running waist pack? If so, there are a few factors to consider. Not all running waist packs are created equal so it’s essential to find one that works best for you.
Besides price, there are five key areas to consider for every runner at every skill level. These factors are storage size, comfort, appearance, quality, and customer service. Read on as we discuss each below.
- Storage Size – The main reason to buy a running waist pack is to hold your belongings. Different runners carry different items. So, storage size is essential when choosing the best back for your run. A pack too small or too large for one runner may be the perfect size for another. The key is to determine what you will carry and pick a pack best suited for those items.
- Comfort – We can have a running waist pack with plenty of storage but what good does it do if it bounces around? Yes, we need a place for our belongings but not for the sacrifice of an uncomfortable and irritating run. So, after determining the storage size, you must consider comfort. Read up on materials, adjustability, and how well it sits on your waist while running. A minor irritation at the beginning of a run can create a more significant problem by the end. This holds especially true when running long distance. So be sure to take the miles you plan to clock into consideration and choose a comfortable pack for your run.
- Appearance – Remember, your hydration pack becomes a part of you, so choose a style you like. There are many designs available from a sleek minimalistic look to a large and practical one. Also, most packs come in a variety of colors and designs. Choose from a plain look to a more fashionable appearance. Here’s the point: there is variety so find a pack to your preferred taste.
- Quality – In life, you get what you pay for. Generally speaking, waist packs lower in price will be of lower quality. And packs higher in price will be of higher quality. So consider how often you run. For example, let’s say you’re preparing for your first 5k. In this case, a low-cost option may be your best option. But if you’re training for your first marathon, then you may want to invest in a pricier one. Wear and tear from running will put stress on your running waist pack. That stress breaks down material, zippers, and buckles. So, choose the quality of your pack wisely.
- Customer Service – If the pack you like is not from a recognizable company, then consider contacting them. Find out information on warranties, returns, and how they handle customer complaints. A great company stands by their great product, and it is demonstrated by how well they treat their customers.
The 10 Best Running Waist Packs to Buy in 2020
1. Sport2People Running Belt – Best Choice for Comfort
The Sport2People running waist pack has a slick profile with plenty of room to fuel your next run. It comes with two pockets to hold just about everything a runner could need. Whether you want to bring along fuel, credit cards, or even a small bottle of suntan lotion, this belt has you covered. Enjoy listening to your favorite music through its digital front pocket design. The pocket provides enough room for a smartphone and a convenient opening for headphones. The users of the pack praise it for how well it stays put on the waist and never rides up. If you want a pack with large enough storage space but still stays out of your way, then this is the pack for you!
- Pros– No ride up, waterproof, one size fits all, soft material, comfortable.
- Cons– Limited color options.
2. FlipBelt Zipper – Best Choice for A Slim Fit
Slim, slim, and slim! Did we mention slim? No more large bulky waist packs with this design. The FlipBelt Zipper has enough room for your belongings and keeps them firm to your body, so no bounce and no ride up. This pack molds to your waste and is a perfect option for fuel storage on race day. Users love it for its slim size, comfort, and pocket capacity. It’s like an extension of your running shorts!
- Pros– Flat design, comfortable, no bounce, capacity.
- Cons– No buckle, no zippers, non-adjustable.
3. URPOWER Running Belt – Best Choice for Long Distance Running
Ready to take your running to the next level? The URPOWER running belt will help get you there. Designed for running, this pack comes with 2 water bottles and one large pocket for storage. Within the pocket lies an opening for your headphone wire as well. We all know the longer you run, the more your body needs replenishment to keep you moving. Well, this pack was built for the long run and will keep you moving through and through. Its users gave it excellent reviews for its snug fit and great price. Overall, it’s an excellent bang for your buck.
- Pros– Lifetime warranty, lightweight, snug fit, pocket securely holds phone, waterproof
- Cons– No place to secure adjustable strap, bulkier than others.
4. AIKELIDA Running Belt – Best Choice for Durability
If you are looking for extra storage room but a lightweight fit, then the AIKELIDA Running Belt has you covered. Through its unique design, this pack is ultra-light, durable, and built to last. The combination of being compact, breathable, and sleek, will benefit all runners at all skill levels. There’s even a reflective stripe to keep you safe at night. Users are praising this running pack for it’s sleek and breathable fit.
- Pros– Capacity of front pocket, durable, comfortable, hole in pocket for headphones, no ride up.
- Cons– Pouch too small for some users, thin fabric.
5. uFashion3C Running Belt – Best Choice for Using Your Smartphone
If you are looking for a waist pack to hold your smartphone but still have access to the screen, then look no further! The uFashion3C is the only waist pack you need! It’s clear touchscreen PVC window, and headphone hole provides easy access to your cellular needs. You can now change a song, read a text or make a call all without ever removing your phone from the pack. There are even two inner waterproof pockets to protect your belongings on rainy days. Its users are saying it’s the perfect upgrade from an armband pack.
- Pros– Use smartphone without removing it, waterproof, headphone hole, multiple color options, price.
- Cons– Not too breathable, some users experienced ride-up.
6. Aqua Quest KONA Running Belt – Best Choice for Running In The Rain
There’s no such thing as bad weather, only bad gear! And the Aqua Quest KONA is far from bad gear. It’s water resistant zip and removable pouch will keep your items dry. When rain hits on your next run, have the reassurance that your supplies will remain dry. It’s ultra-light too! Even weighing in at 2.6 ounces it still manages to hold its durability through a double PU coated lycra material. Its users love this pack for its reliability during long distances rainy days.
- Pros– Price, durable, ultralight, waterproof, breathable.
- Cons– Limited color options, more protection creates less accessibility.
7. Nathan Trail Mix Hydration Running Belt – Best Choice for Trail Running
Nathan Sports is one of the most dominant names in running hydration. All their packs are built of the highest quality while holding a passionate commitment to their customers. The Nathan Trail Mix Hydration Running belt demonstrates this commitment. The ergo-shaped soft belt prevents bounce allowing you to hit the trails with comfort. No rubbing, no chaffing, no irritated skin. Its users praise this pack for its look, fit, and capacity. An absolute must for your next trail race!
- Pros- High quality, great pouch size, durable, adjustable, elastic cords for storage, external pocket on the zipper pouch, SpeedFit holsters, multiple color options.
- Cons– Basic water bottle tops, excess belt from adjustment rolls up, quality pack from a reliable company means higher price.
8. Peak Gear Water Bottle Belt – Best Choice for Hydration
The Peak Gear Water Bottle Belt is built for beginners and experienced runners alike. Not only does this pack have a large front pocket, but there is a holster to hold a full-size water bottle. Now on your next long run you can enter a store, buy a drink, and either place it in the holster or fill up a water bottle you brought along. Its users are saying they love the innovative water bottle holder and lightweight material.
- Pros- Multiple pockets, reflective stripes, fits most store-bought water bottles, comfortable.
- Cons– Bulky, some bounce from water bottle.
9. SPIbelt Running Belt – Best Choice for A Minimalistic Run
Sometimes a little extra room is all we are looking for in a waist pack. A spot for smaller items like a few gels or a set of keys. We want a little more room than our pockets but do not want anything too bulky. So, what’s the solution? The SPIbelt running belt! This slim pack is worn around your waist and barely noticed while running. The pack has no-bounce while being both expandable yet secure. Users praise it for its low-profile pocket and how well it fits.
- Pros- Plenty of color options, durable, fully adjustable, no bounce, affordable.
- Cons- Difficult to fit large phones.
10. Dimok Running Belt – Best Choice for Shopping On A Budget
Are you shopping on a budget? Well then check out the Dimok Running Belt. Through its affordable price and fully waterproof design, you will get your money worth with this pack. The elastic straps fit the pack snug against your waist preventing any ride-up or bounce. It also comes with reflective stripes for night time running. Users love it’s stretchy and slim feel!
- Pros– Affordable, easily adjustable, waterproof, durable.
- Cons– Weak zipper seal
Now that you have read through each review your next step is to choose the best waist pack for you. Again, consider critical factors like capacity, comfort, appearance, and price. Whether you are running for exercise or a specific distance goal, these 10 packs will help. So, choose a pack, pick a color, and place your order. It’s time to take your running to the next level!