There are many health benefits of swimming for both adults and children. There are also many opportunities to compete. So, whether you are swimming for exercise, racing, or buying a pair for your children, it’s essential to find a pair of goggles best for your particular situation.
A comfortable pair of goggles that fit and do not leak will make a huge difference in your experience. No one likes when water drips into their eyes halfway across the pool.
If you are new to choosing swimming goggles, then you may not know where to start. Fortunately, you stumbled upon this guide.
First, you will learn how to choose a pair of swimming goggles for you or your children. Afterward, you will take a look at the top 10 best pairs in 2019, along with tips for using swimming goggles. The last section is FAQ’s in case you have a few extra questions. And when it’s all said and done, you will have chosen the best pair of goggles for you.
How to Choose the Best Swimming Goggles
Before running off to buy a pair of goggles, you should take a few points into consideration. It will not only make choosing a pair of swimming goggles easier, but it will assure you choose the right pair the first time. Let’s start with selecting a google type.
The 10 Best Swimming Goggles Reviewed
1. Speedo Hydrospex – Best Choice for Comfort
If you are looking for comfortable recreational swimming goggles, then check out the Speedo Hydrospex. What makes them so comfy? Mostly from their soft one-piece frame and silicone split head strap. These swimming goggles provide an enjoyable experience during any swimming activity by reducing its eye pressure from their soft eye gaskets. Whether it’s family time by the pool, swimming lessons, or an aquatic fitness class, these swimming goggles can be worn for prolonged periods. Use them to swim laps too. It’s users praise these swimming goggles for their superior comfort around the eyes.
- UV protection to keep the eyes safe.
- Anti-fog for clear vision all day long.
- Silicone head strap and frame for excellent durability.
- Dual strap relieves pressure for extra comfort.
- Speedo-quality is high-quality.
- Excellent price.
- Not made for competitive swimming.
- No retainer for excess strap.
2. Aqua Sphere Kayenne – Best Choice for Clear Vision
At first glance, you will notice the oversized curved lenses of the Aqua Sphere Kayenne swimming goggles. A wider frame relieves pressure for added comfort and provides an expanded 180-degree field of vision. It’s refreshing to see clearly beneath the water. A clear view is practical too. This way you stay in your lane when swimming laps. Not only do the lenses provide better vision, but they come in different varieties. When buying a pair, choose from clear, smoke, polarized, or mirror lenses. It’s users love the soft nose pad and innovative quick brake buckle for adjustments.
- Wide lenses provide superior comfort.
- Adjustments are fast with its quick-latch buckle.
- Curved lenses for better visibility.
- Multiple color options
- Its unique design is uncomfortable for some.
3. Aegend – Best Choice for Shopping On A Budget
The Aegend swimming goggles are perfect for anyone shopping on a budget. These low-cost swimming goggles are built with a flexible silicone frame. Add that to its soft eye gaskets and you have one comfortable, durable pair of swimming goggles for an excellent price. One unique feature is their shatterproof lenses. Now you can throw them in and out of your swim bag with confidence. With UV protection and anti-fogging coating, you will receive the protection you need as a swimmer. Bright sun and fog are not a problem with these goggles. It’s users praise them for their excellent fit for both children and adults alike.
- Anti-fogging coating to prevent impaired vision.
- UV Protection for swimming outside.
- Low cost. Buy them for all your children without breaking the bank.
- Simple to adjust the strap.
- Fogging issue for some.
4. Zerhunt – Best Choice for Competing
Ready to take your swimming to the next level and compete? If so, you will need a pair of reliable swimming goggles. Fogging, water leakage, and sun glare, all seem like small issues, but when racing, they can have a negative impact. Well, when using Zerhunt, you receive the highest quality offered with swim goggles. Their double silicone seal provides extra comfort and protection. This seal also prevents water leakage. The goggles also have anti-fogging and UV protection. Whether it’s for adults or kids, if you are looking for a pair of swimming goals for race day, then these goggles are worth considering. You will be happy you did. It’s users love these goggles for staying secure when swimming laps.
- Double silicone seal to prevent water when swimming fast.
- Excellent fit and comfort even for those with a larger head.
- Comes with a high-quality safety case.
- Secures to head. Top choice for triathlons or kids swimming practice.
- Too bulky for some.
5. COOLOO – Best Choose for Convenience
The COOLOO swimming goggles is another low-cost swimming goggle worth considering. First, they come in a pack of two making it great for families or having a backup pair at the pool. Ever pull your hair when taking off goggles? Well, this pair comes with a smart buckle system utilizing a quick release buckle to clip on and off. No more painful yanking! There are also many color options to choose from. It’s users love these goggles for their price. Overall, a convenient pair of swimming goggles available at an excellent price.
- Excellent price.
- Convenient buckle system on the head strap.
- Multi-color options
- UV protection and anti-fogging properties.
- Comfortable and convenient– excellent starter goggle for kids.
- Not the clearest lenses.
- Pink rainbow lenses cause vision issues.
6. i-Sports Pro – Best Choice for Anti-Fogging
When you first look at the i-Sports Pro swimming goggles, you can’t help but notice the thick eye gaskets. This company has put a lot of effort into keeping the eyes comfortable. Then add in their one-piece nose bride, and there’s a massive focus on creating a comfortable swim. But even better than their comfort, these goggles have superior anti-fogging capabilities. What’s the mean for you? No more wiping out the condensation build up.
Add it up: superior fog prevention capabilities, no leakage, and ultra-comfort. Equals: a low-cost option that’s super comfortable for kids or adults. It’s users praise these goggles for their fog-free, crystal clear vision lenses.
- Superior comfort for spending all day in the pool.
- Excellent price.
- Soft nose bridge for extra comfort.
- Comes with a sleek case for convenient storage.
- Easy adjustments– perfect for beginners.
- No fogging with these goggles.
- Strap snags long hair.
7. Olympia Nation – Best Choice for Value
The Olympia Nation swimming goggles come with a 12-month warranty. What a huge plus, especially when buying online. Even better, they have a friendly customer service department. So what about the construction of the goggles? They have crystal clear vision, ultra-soft silicone seals, and an anti-fogging coating. Oh…and it’s available at a low price. If you are looking for VALUE out of a pair of swimming goggles, then this is the pair for you. It’s a simple design, comfortable, and they get the job done. It’s users praise them for their excellent warranty.
- A quick adjustment and rear clasp for easy application
- Excellent anti-fogging for assuring a clear vision.
- Fits safe and securely.
- Sturdy and thick straps for superior durability.
- Doesn’t fit on the nose well.
8. AdePoy – Best Choice for Beginners
When you’re new to swimming, not everyone wants innovative features. We all don’t need the bells and whistles. Some just want a pair of swimming goggles that fit, low in cost, and that does not leak. Well, with the AdePoy, you get SIMPLICITY. Little innovation. They are built for one thing and one thing only: to get the job done. No risk on fit or comfort issues either. And it’s even backed by a one-year warranty. They provide reliability, and that’s critical to have for any beginner. Whether you are getting back in the pool or swimming for the first time, consider these swimming goggles. It’s users love how well they fit.
- If handled with care, do not fog.
- Clip for strap makes them easy to take off and put on.
- Gasket creates a solid seal to prevent water leakage.
- Excellent cost.
- Inconvenient anti-fogging maintenance. Wiping the inside can take it the coating off.
9. EVERSPORT – Best Choice for Different Lens Options
Clear, mirror, dark, rose red…the EVERSPORT swimming goggles have about every type of lens you could imagine. Plus, the lenses are broader thus providing a clear vision. It’s nice to have clear vision underwater and between strokes. Also, for children, you will have the assurance that your little one can see. These swimming goggles are an excellent choice for beginners and experienced swimmers alike. If you compete and need a pair of swimming goggles to throw in and out of your swim bag, then check them out. Their unique design and silicone frames provide a comfortable and clear experience both inside and outside the pool. It’s users love these swimming goggles for their colored lenses. Perfect for swimming under the sun.
- Super clear vision with various lens types.
- Clip in the back is easy-to-use for kids.
- Excellent customer service team.
- Fits all head sizes: adults and kids.
- Comes with nose piece and earplugs.
- Basic color options.
- Nosepiece too hard for some.
10. PHELENA – Best Choice for Keeping Water Out
The frames on the PHELENA swimming goggles suction well. You will notice their unique design at first glance. I wouldn’t say they are for all swimmers, but if you are a competitive swimmer that wants a zero-leak experience, then give these swimming goggles a try. With a strong silicone head strap and firm gaskets, it provides a unique suction to the eyes. Definitely not a recreational style pair of swimming goggles, but perfect for training or competition. They even come with three interchangeable nose pieces to compensate for different face shapes. It’s users love these goggles for their reliability.
- Excellent comfort for all users.
- Available at a reasonable price.
- Easy to make adjustments for a custom fit.
- Three different nose pieces to accommodate different nose shapes.
- Excellent anti-fogging capabilities.
- Clarity of vision diminishes over time.
11. Zionor – Best Choice for All Water Sports
The Zionor swimming goggles are like wearing sunglasses underwater. Their polarized lenses make them a perfect match for swimmers who enjoy other waters sports too. Whether you enjoy kayaking, surfing, or aquatic classes, these swimming goggles protect your eyes. Besides their superior vision outdoors, they are comfortable also. They have a high-grade silicone gasket and soft nose piece. Yes, a bit pricier than the other goggles on this list, but if you plan on participating in other outdoor activities, then give them a try. No leaking or fogging issues with their ZIONOR Face fitting technology. It’s users praise these swimming goggles for their style and comfort.
- Comfortable for all water sports.
- Excellent vision with polarized lenses. They are like sunglasses.
- Wide lenses relieve pressure and improve comfort.
- Stylish design.
- Comes with a soft mesh protective case.
- Poor vision for inside swimming.
FAQs About Swimming Goggles
Even after reading this guide, you still may have a few more questions. To help, you will find a list of frequently asked questions below.
You now know how to choose the best swimming goggles for you or your child. Remember – Pick a pair based on how you swim and your personal preference. And don’t forget to handle them with care. You want a pair of swimming goggles to last a long time and not leak. So, it’s time to take the plunge, grab a pair of goggles, and hit the pool swimming with the water and sun out of your eyes.